If you’re in D.C. during happy hour and a “wino” like me, these are must visit places:
1. Vinoteca is a go-to for happy hour during the spring/summer months. They have a great selection of seasonal $5 wines and an outdoor space for bocce. Their happy hour selection includes more than just the standard red and white option, making it my number one pick.
2. Dickson is in the same area as Vinoteco, but tucked a bit more. Happy hour is from 5:00-7:00 p.m. and select glasses of wine are $5. Overall it’s a great, quiet spot to enjoy happy hour with friends.
3. Ripple is one of my favorite places to grab a glass. The knowledgeable staff can recommend something you’ll truly enjoy. Happy hour is half off select wines by the glass. If you get there early enough, you can take advantage of their grilled cheese bar!
4. Urbana is a hotel bar/restaurant in the Hotel Palomar in Dupont Circle. The comfy couches make for a great atmosphere to meet up with friends or coworkers. Happy hour specials include select white, red and sparkling $5 wines, $8 pizzas and $1 oysters. The wine selection for happy hour isn’t as large as the other options, but the ambiance, service and delicious pizzas make it top-five worthy.
5. Newly renovated, Firefly is a great option in the West End/Dupont area for some after work wine. The happy hour specials include snacks for $5 and house wine for $4. Inside they have a large, living tree that even includes a swing!